SF Project Page
AdPlug is a free, cross-platform, hardware independent AdLib sound
player library, mainly written in C++ and released under the
LGPL. AdPlug plays sound data, originally created for the AdLib (OPL2)
and Sound Blaster (Dual OPL2/OPL3) audio boards, directly from its
original format on top of an emulator or by using the real
hardware. No OPL chip is required for playback.
AdPlug itself is just the backend to many different audio player
frontends, which are also being developed here. There are plugins for
popular audio players, like Winamp and XMMS, as well as stand-alone
players for many different systems available.
AdPlug moves to GitHub 2015-06-24 07:30 - AdPlug
AdPlug development has now moved to GitHub! The website is now at http://adplug.github.io and the main repository is at http://github.com/adplug/adplug. AdPlay, the Winamp plugin and other modules are now in separate repositories. See the full list at http://github.com/adplug.
AdPlug core 2.2.1 released 2010-04-06 03:22 - AdPlug
Just a minor release this time, which fixes a couple of bugs and crashes. See the NEWS file for full details.
Read More »
AdPlug core 2.2 and AdPlay/UNIX 1.7 released 2010-01-01 10:02 - AdPlug
At last another release!
AdPlug 2.2 brings with it these changes:
Read More »
New AdPlug suite released 2007-04-09 19:49 - AdPlug
Nearly the whole AdPlug suite has been updated today!
Version 2.1 of the AdPlug core library has been released. From the NEWS:
Read More »
Site news archive »
AdPlug implements unique file replayers for each supported audio format in order to
achieve the best possible replay quality. Players marked as "preliminary" aren't considered
final by the author and may contain many replay issues, but are included for testing purposes
anyway. As of now, the following formats are supported:
- A2M: AdLib Tracker 2 by subz3ro
- ADL: Westwood ADL File Format
- AMD: AMUSIC Adlib Tracker by Elyssis
- BAM: Bob's Adlib Music Format
- CFF: BoomTracker 4.0 by CUD
- CMF: Creative Music File Format by Creative Technology
- D00: EdLib by Vibrants
- DFM: Digital-FM by R.Verhaag
- DMO: Twin TrackPlayer by TwinTeam
- DRO: DOSBox Raw OPL Format
- DTM: DeFy Adlib Tracker by DeFy
- HSC: HSC Adlib Composer by Hannes Seifert, HSC-Tracker by Electronic Rats
- HSP: HSC Packed by Number Six / Aegis Corp.
- IMF: Apogee IMF File Format
- KSM: Ken Silverman's Music Format
- LAA: LucasArts AdLib Audio File Format by LucasArts
- LDS: LOUDNESS Sound System
- M: Origin AdLib Music Format
- MAD: Mlat Adlib Tracker
- MID: MIDI Audio File Format
- MKJ: MKJamz by M \ K Productions (preliminary)
- MSC: AdLib MSCplay
- MTK: MPU-401 Trakker by SuBZeR0
- RAD: Reality ADlib Tracker by Reality
- RAW: RdosPlay RAW file format by RDOS
- RIX: Softstar RIX OPL Music Format
- ROL: AdLib Visual Composer by AdLib Inc.
- S3M: Screamtracker 3 by Future Crew
- SA2: Surprise! Adlib Tracker 2 by Surprise! Productions
- SAT: Surprise! Adlib Tracker by Surprise! Productions
- SCI: Sierra's AdLib Audio File Format
- SNG: SNGPlay by BUGSY of OBSESSION
- SNG: Faust Music Creator by FAUST
- SNG: Adlib Tracker 1.0 by TJ
- XAD: eXotic ADlib Format by Riven the Mage
- XMS: XMS-Tracker by MaDoKaN/E.S.G
- XSM: eXtra Simple Music by Davey W Taylor